|Operating System||Windows 7 / 8 / 10|
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source office software that you can use for free. If you don’t have the money to buy Microsoft Office, this software from The Apache Software Foundation can be the best alternative for your needs.
Just like Microsoft Office, it is also equipped with several programs, starting from Writer (word processor), Calc (spreadsheet), Impress (presentation), Draw (diagram), Base (database), and Math (formula).
Features and Highlights
Apache OpenOffice is also compatible with all Microsoft Office document formats, including .docx, .doc, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx and so on. You also don’t need to worry about difficulties when you first use it because it is packed with an interface similar to Microsoft Office. Here are some of the advantages of Apache OpenOffice that you need to know:
- Free and open source. The first reason many people prefer to use this application is, of course, because it is free and open source. You can use this application for commercial purposes, education, or personal use. Also, because it is open-source software, users can contribute to developing it, reporting bugs, requesting certain features, and improving performance.
- Word processor (Writer). Like Microsoft Office, It also contains several programs that can be used to accommodate office work. One of them is Writer, which is a word processor that can be used to write letters.
- Spreadsheet (Calc). There is also a program called Clac, which is similar to Microsoft Excel. Through this one program, you can calculate, analyze, and present data in numerical or graphic reports.
- Presentation (Impress). Impress is similar to PowerPoint; you can use it to create presentations with interactive multimedia content.
- Diagram (Draw). Draw can create dynamic 3D graphics, diagrams, and illustrations.
- Database (Base). This program can be used to manipulate databases, including creating and modifying tables, forms, queries, reports, etc.
- Formulas (Math). If you want to create equations or other mathematical formulas with a graphical user interface or by typing formulas directly into the equation editor, then use Math.
Apache OpenOffice Download for PC
Apache OpenOffice is usually the favorite choice of many users as an alternative to Microsoft Office. The number of people who choose to use this application is certainly not without reason. In short, if you are looking for an alternative Microsoft Office office application, then Apache OpenOffice is an application that you should consider.