|Operating System||Windows 7 / 8 / 10|
Internet Download Manager or commonly abbreviated as IDM, is a downloader software that functions to speed up and manage downloads. It was developed by Tonec Inc. and is claimed to speed up the download process by up to 5 times.
It is no wonder that it can increase download speed because it is equipped with a smart download system that can download files dynamically and multiparty.
Besides having the ability to speed up the download process, IDM also has many features that can make it easier for you to download files. By using IDM, you don’t have to worry about the downloaded files being damaged or lost due to network problems or other things that stop the download process.
Features and Highlights
By using Internet Download Manager, you can delay and resume the download process at any time, without worrying about files being damaged. The following are excellent features in Internet Download Manager:
- Can speed up the download process up to 5 times: When downloading files, IDM will dynamically segment the files during the download process and reuse the available connections without additional connections to achieve the best acceleration.
- Automatically scan for viruses: To protect users from harmful viruses, IDM will automatically run an antivirus scanner such as AdAware, AVG, CCleaner, Norton 360, and others to protect users from malicious files.
- Customizable interface: You can customize buttons, menus, or columns that appear on the main IDM page according to your habits and convenience. Even users are also allowed to design their skins or use skins ready to use through the official IDM website that can be downloaded for free.
- Speed limiter: Since IDM can download files quickly, this often makes devices connected to the same network slow. With this feature, you can limit the download speed of IDM to your liking so that other users can enjoy fair internet speeds.
- Can be integrated with browsers: IDM supports all popular browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla, AOL, MSN, Netscape, etc. With this feature, IDM can automatically take over downloads. The developer also claims this feature only exists in IDM, not in other Download Manager applications.
- Automatic file grouping: When you successfully download files from the internet, the files will be automatically placed in folders according to the file category, starting from Compressed, Documents, Programs, Videos, General, and so on, so that you too can find the file easily.
- Scheduling downloads: You can set IDM to connect only at certain times, including to download files; you can even turn off your computer automatically when all files are successfully downloaded.
- Multilingual: Not fluent in English? No need to worry because IDM supports more than 35 languages , including Indonesian.
- Equipped with spider and grabber features: With this feature, you can download all types of files that have been determined on one website. For example, if you want to download all the images on a particular site, you don’t need to download them one by one because IDM can do this automatically.
IDM Download for PC Windows
Not only is it able to increase download speed, but IDM also has various features that can make it easier for you when doing file downloading activities on the internet. In short, IDM is the right application for those of you who like to download files on the internet; besides being able to provide high download speeds, the various features embedded in it can also facilitate your activities.