|Operating System||Windows 7 / 8 / 10|
Notepad++ is an open-source text editor that runs on the Windows operating system. It is an option for users who want to use a lightweight text editor because Notepad++ is relatively lighter than other text editors.
Even so, this application made by Don Ho also has a variety of interesting features that can make it easier for you when writing programming code. Notepad++ is built using C++ and Win32 API and pure STL which can provide high execution speed.
Features and Highlights
- Free and open source: Besides being lightweight, the main reason many programmers use Notepad++ is that it is free and open source. You can use this one text editor for free. Not only that, users can also contribute in various ways, whether it’s sharing plugins, themes, or sending bug reports and providing patches.
- Auto-complete feature is available: This feature helps programmers type certain functions or parameters quickly. With this feature, the text editor will provide some predictions regarding the function to be written so that you don’t have to write it entirely from letter to letter.
- The interface design and layout are customizable: You can control the tabs according to your convenience, either vertically or horizontally. Also, Notepad++ provides more than 20 themes that you can activate via the Settings> Style Configurator menu. Not only do you apply the theme for global settings, but you can also apply and customize the themes that have been provided so that the theme is only used in specific programming languages.
- Hundreds of plugins available: Because it is open-source, Notepad++ has various types of plugins needed by programmers. To install a plugin, you can go to the Plugins> Plugins Manager> Show Plugin Manager menu, which will show you all the free plugins that you can use.
- Provides Find and Replace features: This feature is also one of the most needed features by programmers to replace or search for certain words in code that has been written. With the Find and Replace features, you can replace all specific words in just a few steps, no need to replace them one by one.
Notepad++ Free Download for PC
In short, Notepad++ is the right text editor for those of you who want to use a free and lightweight text editor with lots of features. This application is also regularly updated to fix bugs and add other features.